March 2, 2010

Labor & Delivery test drive

I'm 34 weeks and 5 days today. This morning around 7am I woke up to a pretty bad pain in my lower tummy. I am pretty sure it was a contraction. It started off slow and got worse and worse. I was having to breathe through it and I could not move, stand or walk. It lasted about a minute.

I had a doctor's visit and my blood pressure is getting high at 148 over 92. My cervix is looking great still and my weight now is 148 (a total of 38 lbs gained so far). The ultrasound shows the amniotic fluid at 8 now, so it has gone down and is getting closer to 5 which means the baby is coming if it gets to that point. Doc says the baby looks great, his legs are measuring a bit small this week since he is running out of room.

The doctor decided to send me upstairs to Labor & Delivery to be monitored. The check in process was really quick, I got my own room and they had me dress in a gown. They monitored my Blood Pressure, put a monitor on the baby and took some blood. We were there for about an hour and a half. Blood work came back normal. The baby looked great but I was having some contractions that I could not feel although I did feel that one that morning. They sent me home on bed rest and with a 24 hour urine jug that I have to bring back in 2 days. Until otherwise said, I am to only get out of bed if I need to go to the restroom, or eat.

The labor and Delivery nurse doesn't think I will make it very much longer and expects to see me back very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment