I had my doctor's appointment Feb 19th!! I was 33 weeks and 1 day along. The ultrasound puts him at 4lbs 8oz!!! WOW! He has grown almost 2 lbs in 3 weeks. He is looking healthy, my cervix is measuring good length and closed, but the technician told me my amniotic fluids are low. The doctor said the number needs to be between 5-25, I am a 9! If I go under 5, the baby will need to come out, but the doctor said no worries because the baby is healthy enough if need be. The doctor said Ricky can cut the cord after baby is taken away from the surgery area during the c section! We didn't set a c section date, he wants to watch my kidney, my fluid levels and the baby each week and see how things go. He will make a call based on what my weekly appts look like. My kidney looks fine but is dialated a little bit. The doctor isnt concerned with any of the discomforts I have had. I am now weighing 143 which is a total weight gain of 33lbs. That's a little scary to see but oh well. My blood pressure has been great for about 2-3 weeks now and was 112 over 65!! The doctor sent me upstairs to get a better ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels to be sure on the number. This technician found the level to be at 12.5 and was not concerned. She told me to rest, drink water and not allot of caffeine each day to bring the fluid level back up. She said I will most likely deliver early. I go back to see my doctor March 2nd. Essentially I guess I could have the baby any day now up to 5 weeks from now..Crazy..however today when the doctor said he may have to come out if the levels are below 5, I did not panic and I was very calm.
Well my mom and Tori are on their way to get ready for tomorrow BABY SHOWER DAY!!
How our baby's growing:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.



No comments:
Post a Comment