October 18, 2009

15 weeks pregnant!

Oh boy, time is flying!! YEAH! We move in a week!!!! We find out Boy or Girl (hopefully) in a WEEK! Our appointment is October 22nd and we are hoping we will be able to contain ourselves after the appointment to head to Dallas and move into our home. I am almost 4 months along and that is amazing to me that this much time has gone by already. Each day I feel more secure in labor and delivery and more and more excited instead of nervous/scared.

Ricky is so great, I had a little scare with some sharp pains when I tried to stretch out today. I called Ricky because I was scared it wouldn't go away and I would have to go into see the doctor. He came home within 5 minutes to make sure I was okay. Turns out it was just gas and apparently its terrible when your pregnant (I didn't know).

Our appointment is in a couple of days and we are so thrilled to see our baby on the sonogram, we haven't seen the baby in 9 weeks. The baby was a small blob last time we had an ultrasound. We are hoping we find out boy or girl, but it will be great just to see whats going on in there.

Ricky's parents are helping us with the move and coming into town to help Ricky load the truck.

My tummy is definitely growing. Ricky and I can see the bump! I'm sure random people cant tell yet but we can tell for sure. My last appointment at 12 wks 6 days I had gained 0 lbs since getting pregnant. I am sure when I go in this week I will have gained at least 6lbs? I'm guessing. They say around 6lbs is average for how far along I am.

How our baby's growing:


Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")



No comments:

Post a Comment