October 27, 2009

Oh BOY!!!! I'm 16 weeks.

Here is our little BOY!
Isn't he cute?:) Here is his boy parts!
He has the cutest little profile with his smushy face:) His legs are so long they do not fit in the photo!
Our sonogram was Oct 22, 2009. The week went by super fast because we were getting ready for our move with packing and loading the truck etc. Before heading to the doctor's office I picked up a Big Red. I had heard that caffeine and sugar would help the baby be more active during the ultrasound and hopefully we would see the money shot. So I drank nearly 2/3 of my Big Red on the car ride to the doctor's office. Our wait for the tech in the doctor's office was soooo long and I was so impatient and sooo excited to find out.
Finally we were asked back into the ultrasound room. The technician was much more personal this time. Ricky pulled out the camcorder just in time for the warm jelly on my tummy. As soon as she placed the wand to my tummy we could see the BOY parts! And she said "It's a boy!"
It was surreal, Ricky and I had been feeling for nearly 2 months now that we were having a boy. It was amazing to know what is in my tummy. Ricky said "There's my boy!" very proud like. Our little boy was completely stretched out with his legs, and his legs were wide open. Basically he was VERY considerate and compliant! He's such a good baby already!:) I could stay in that room all day long and watch him tumble around in my belly! Ricky asked if I could feel him moving because he was moving soo much, but at the time I could not feel him. He moved his neck some, and had his lil arms huddled near his chest. He has plenty of room in there for now!
I love him!
Afterwards, we had a moment of excitement and celebration and then couldn't wait to spread the news. Since we told my mom we were pregnant first- we figured we would tell Ricky's mom we were having a boy first. Sadly we could not get ahold of her, so Ricky told his father first. Afterwards we gave my mom a call along with a few more people and then made sure we were ready to leave Houston.
On the way back to Dallas, I drove the Bimmer and Rick drove the Uhaul. Listening to some Coldplay the baby kicked! Awe~
Here I am at our new home in Dallas. I am 16 weeks and a few days here. Mom came by today with Tori and we went to Babies"R"Us to change everything on our registry from gender neutral to BOY! We picked out the baby's bedding and theme. We decided Light Green and Brown colors and the theme is Monkey. There is an adorable bedroom set with everything that goes with it at Babies R Us. So for now- that's the plan unless we find something else we like in a few weeks. I have been feeling our baby swim around and move around in my tummy some.




How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.









No comments:

Post a Comment