November 4, 2009

17 weeks 9 lbs total

Since being back in Dallas I am LOVING Taco Bueno!! We did not have a Taco Bueno within 170 miles of Houston for a year. It is one of my craving being pregnant for sure and I really don't have many. My tummy is getting big! My clothes still fit since my jeans are low rise but my tops are starting to get shorter and shorter in the front. My tummy poked out of one shirt the other day. I haven't noticed my rash or itchiness as much lately which is nice. My tummy is feeling fuller at the bottom now and my feet hurt more easily if I have been walking around for a while.
I went to a doctors appointment today with a new doctor in Dallas who was recommended by a woman who works for my Houston OB. She recommended him because she used to work for him and knew him really well. I also heard great things about him online. I did however hear that he does allot of c-sections. This interested me a month or more ago when I was terrified of the thought of labor. Lately I have been getting more used to whats to come and more comfortable with the idea of labor and delivery so this does have me a lil worried about this particular doc. However- I do know that I have a higher risk of having a c-section because of my uterus shape.
So this doc is Dr. Bryant Herzog. He delivers at Plano Presby which is close to us and where we are thinking of delivering. They have all private rooms, gourmet food, and the highest level NICU just in case. Dr. Herzog is 61 years old and board certified. As per reviews, lots of nurses at the hospital use him as their Ob. So Wednesday Nov 4th Ricky and I went to meet Dr. Herzog!
I went in knowing that the level of comfort I felt with my last Ob was special because the care he gave me previously in the hospital and not to expect that with my new Ob. Dr. Herzog's office also is a laser office for lipo that he performs as well as new contraception's on the market and other products/procedures he does. His office was nice, he was advertised as a solo practitioner but does in fact share an office with another Ob who does handle his patients when needed.
Dr. Herzog met with us in his very nice cozy office. He seemed nice, and easy going. I gave him a brief history of the medical issues earlier this year and showed him our little boy sonogram photos. He immediately mentioned my uterus and the things can arise, such as breech, baby not progressing through to the birth canal, baby running out of room. All of which would lead to C-section. I told him if possible I would like to try vaginal labor and delivery. We went over some quick what's going on with your body right now questions and all seems good. I had a long list of questions for him so that I could learn a few facts about him, his methods and ways so that I could make sure he was a good fit for us and that I was comfortable trusting my life and our baby's life in his hands. Well after a few questions about him, I moved on to the labor and delivery questions and he really wasn't having it. He said not to worry so much and called me a control freak in as nice of a way as he could I suppose. He said I had plenty of time to ask these questions and that I could ask most at my birth class. Which to me kinda turned me off on the idea of him being my doc. Am I weird? Ricky think so. Ricky liked Dr. Herzog and I think he is great too. But something doesn't feel right-but I think I just miss my Houston Obgyn.
My Obgyn in Houston loved to explain things to you in a way you understood, he would draw photos of my body so that I knew what was going on at times. He would ask what questions I had and would answer EVERY question I had. I never took more than 5 minutes asking my questions, but it was nice to be heard and nice to feel in the know. So maybe I am spoiled on my old Dr. ( I think so). So I will give Dr. Herzog a break, but for me this is all new. And as I know not to expect to know what will happen minute by minute during labor and delivery...I would like to know his way, what he thinks on this..etc. It would have made me feel better trusting him with myself and our baby. Dr. Herzog is a little cocky/funny- he said if I have any questions or concerns to contact these people- and hands me a post it stated "in your dreams". If this paints a picture of him? He assured me he would deliver the baby in the fastest, safest and painless way possible- so we will see what I am in for.
So the appt is ending and I ask him if I can be weighed, that I would like to know my weight. He looks at Ricky and says "Where did you find this girl?" "I don't know many who want to know their weight" BLAH- I just wanted to know because it has been 6 weeks since I was weighed and I had gained 0 lbs then. SO I got to get weighed-9 lbs is what I have gained this pregnancy so far. Then the doctor wanted to hear our baby's heartbeat- He measured my tummy at 19 and said that it was right on track and then the baby's heartbeat was 143 which he said was perfect. He ordered me a ultrasound for a month from now to see how my amniotic fluid levels are and ordered me some blood work for today. I got a goodie bag and registration info for the hospital. All in all a great appointment. I will think about scheduling an appointment with a different Ob at a practice of ob's who deliver at Plano Presby. They staff the chairman of Obstetrician's and the co chairman and I hear great things about both.
Later when we went to bed, I was having trouble getting comfortable. My right side was not sore but uncomfortable. So I sat up in bed and felt my tummy and it was definitely swollen on the rights side of my belly button and felt like a knot. I could stretch out or lay comfortably. So I asked the little guy to move and stretch out LOL. I went to the restroom and layed back down on my back and he immediately moved =D It was so amazing to feel!! I have been feeling him move and swim around in there for about 2 weeks now. But this was very neat! He quickly moved from the right of my belly button to underneath my belly button all stretched out like. There is still a small knot on the right side of my belly button- I think its his baby head. I was instantly relieved and comfy. Isn't he so complaint and considerate so that I could sleep?:) I love feeling him move inside- it's so reassuring and simply awesome.
How your baby's growing:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — his lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and he's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. He can move her joints, and his sweat glands are starting to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment