November 16, 2009

19 weeks & baby boy names!

Nearly half way there! I sometimes still cant believe we are pregnant and that I will be having a baby soon. I'm SUPER excited, and I am starting to get nervous again now. I am hoping I am able to carry our baby to a healthy weight!

He moves in my tummy everyday, I love feeling him move. I have been feeling him everyday now since 16 weeks, before that it was here and there. He usually moves late at night or when I have some sugar. Each day the kicks get stronger and stronger, I'm amazed how well I feel him already. My uterus now starts almost an inch above my belly button now and Boy does he like to kick there! He is ALWAYS on the right side-has never been on the left side since I could feel him. Hopefully he will eventually see that there is more room in there or I am going to have a lopsided tummy!

I spend allot of time just resting my hands on my tummy and feeling him. I am registering this week at our hospital and looking into all the classes we will take. Here is a list of the classes we are interested in and might take at the hospital.

*Pregnancy yoga classes (might not be for me)
*Lamaze Childbirth Class
*Cesarean Birth
*Baby CPR
*Breastfeeding

I am taking the Cesarean Class just in case since I am at a higher risk for the surgery I want to be prepared on what to expect. I have watched 1,000 births on DHC and TLC, but it's different when it is your own birth. I am planning on breastfeeding and hoping I can for 3-6 months.

I will start looking for a maternity photographer soon. I love the maternity photos and hear they typically do them around 7 months. That's 2 months away!!

My mom came by today, and she felt the baby kick! He just starting kicking real good.

We have some baby boy names narrowed down. These are the names we are thinking of for now.

*Ethan Alexander
*Boston Cruz
*Boston Alexander
*Sebastian Elliot
*Sebastian Alexander

These are the names we both like, our safety net is Ethan Alexander. We both love it and it is a great name. Boston and Sebastian are a bit more unique but we love them too- we may have to wait till we see our little boy to name him, but I think we will be able to narrow the list down a bit more soon.
We obviously like Alexander for a middle name- I think it's a strong middle name. Ethan is a strong name as well by meaning. Boss would be a cute nickname for Boston- Strangers call Ricky Boss all the time. We love Sebastian. 10 years ago, on our first year anniversary, Ricky took me to build a bear. We made a bear and named him Sebastian Elliot:) It has stuck since then. Eli is a really popular name now and could be a nickname, Ashton could also be a nickname for Sebastian. We will see what we decide. We need 2 or 3 boys so we can use our good boy names, and 1-2 girls so we can use our cute girl names!

I'm adding a poll to our blog on the right side to see what you think.

Oh, Sorry no belly photos lately. I cant get them off my memory card. We need to buy a new camera anyway! Hopefully we will get one for Christmas.









How our baby's growing:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

1 comment:

  1. Brandy i was so happy to feel him kick on sunday I've been on cloud 9 ever since.I cant wait until Thanksgiving when Tori an I SPEND THE NIGHT SO WE CAN GO TO bLACK fRIDAY shop..shop..shop.. fun love you 3
    mom

    ReplyDelete