November 19, 2009

20 weeks- Half way mark!

It's amazing how this time has flown by. We are half way there at least! I'm still feeling good. I catch myself waddling very slightly lately. The only thing is my sleep is a little harder lately. My restless leg syndrome has gotten a bit more uncomfortable at night when I am trying to sleep. SO i toss and turn a bit more than I would like. As soon as Ricky is off to work I sleep so well. Ricky thinks it is because I have the freedom to waller around the bed if I want to. He thinks we should get a king size bed soon. Luckily they still make our bed at Ikea so it wont change out bedroom set. Baby loves to move at night and I love it when he moves!

I had a dream about the baby. I dreamt that we had just brought our baby boy home. I guess we had a few places to go the first few days we had the baby at home. Ricky had convinced me that it was okay to leave the baby at home while we were gone (kind of how we leave the dogs at home LOL) and I guess I believed him. I forgot something in the house, and heard the baby crying. So I told Ricky we weren't going to leave the baby at home alone ever again. I put the baby in the car seat and he grabbed my nose! Then Ricky called from work and woke me up! Our little boy was very cute in my dream. He had a small little chin, a little nose and some puffy cheeks on him. He had med/light brown hair.

I decided to make a doctors appointment with a new OBGYN. There are a few things rubbing me the wrong way about Dr. Herzog. He totally misread my ultrasound photos, mistaking my placenta for the abnormally shaped uterus. Even Ricky and I knew better. I feel that he is a very smart ob, but I really want to make sure I am comfortable.

I registered for our classes at the hospital. We have a breastfeeding class January 4th. Then we have 4 Lamaze classes starting January 5th. After these classes I am going to register for baby CPR. I found a photographer to take my maternity photos and possibly the newborn photos as well. We really wanted to find a decent photographer that was affordable for the session fee, but didn't make you buy prints. We simply want a cd of images. And I found one really good photographer for us and a few back up options, but it was pretty hard to find a photographer that didn't want an arm and leg worth of prints ordered.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving! I can't wait to put up our Christmas tree, we didn't have one last year since we were in between moves.

How our baby's growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).






1 comment: