January 24, 2010

29 weeks- all moved in!

We are all moved into our new home where we will bring our baby home!! Everything is put away and we are settled in! I missed my doctor's appointment- it was the morning we moved in and I wasn't able to make it. I was supposed to have an ultrasound and do my glucose test. My blood pressure has been slightly elevated. I have been having some pressure in my head some days and the baby is moving a bit less now. Packing so fast, unpacking and putting things away really did a number on me for a few days. He was kicking so much down below I thought he was coming out sometimes. My hips, legs and feet were super sore for days. I thought I had hit the uncomfortable stage in pregnancy, but I am feeling allot better now. I just wish he would move more!!! Maybe he is running out of room?



Ricky bought me a fetal monitor the other day so that we are able to hear the baby's heartbeat together. Its reassuring these last few days since he is so quiet. His heartbeat has steadily been 140-150 so that's good. The monitor works great and picks up his heartbeat instantly. When I am wearing the belt the baby will kick it.



We painted the baby's room! We got all moved in and had nothing to do- so we went and got some paint that matches a blue tone in the bedding and painted away! I found a lady online who makes vinyl wall art. She has a design that looks just like the spaceships on the bedding, so I am going to order a bunch of decals to put on the wall in any color that will match the bedding that she has.



Here is a peek at part of his closet.
The baby shower is set February 20th at 2pm the Lake Highlands Church of Christ. Its less than a month away!


How our baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment