


We went to my doctor's appointment this morning. I had to drink a sugary orange drink in 5 minutes this morning. I heard from soo many pregnant women that it was horrible, made them feel funny, dizzy or nauseated. I don't see what the big deal was, I didn't have a problem getting it down. We did the ultrasound and my cervix is still long and closed!!! My cervix is measuring 38 now instead of 47. A typical pregnant woman's cervix measures in the 20's so I'm great! Baby looks good, he weighs 2lbs 14 oz, just under 3 lbs! The technician didn't let us see the baby in 3D, so I will be scheduling a personal 3D ultrasound appointment for a month from now. The tech said the baby's face is getting chunky cheeks, he is breech and I have plenty of amniotic fluid. For now the baby has plenty of room and my kidney is okay but retaining fluid still. They will be watching me every 2 weeks now. My urine has no protein in it which is supposed to be awesome. Protein in the urine for pregnant women is a sign of pre eclampsia and we don't want that! My weight is now 136 lbs (that's 26 lbs total this pregnancy). My blood pressure was pretty high being 140 over 74. I was out of breathe when she took my pressure but I am unsure if that effects it? The doctor is not concerned with my blood pressure. He said it is most likely elevated because of nerves. He wont be concerned with my pressure unless its somewhere near 150-160 over 100-110. I go back in 2 weeks for check my cervix again. If the baby is breech we may discuss a c section date or we may wait to see how he is doing in 4 weeks. If he comes by c section, he will be here at the end of March. Ricky got to meet the doctor, he likes him.
Update!!! I passed my GLucose Test- No Gestational Diabetes! YES!
How our baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) 


No comments:
Post a Comment