September 30, 2009

12 weeks!

Hello 2nd trimester!! 1 down, 2 to go!!! I can't believe how far I've made it so far! Let's see, in the last week we have gone to Dallas and rented a house!! We move in October 23rd! We were going to move sooner, but Rick is just so good at his job they need him a bit longer down here in Houston. I like the house, it's comfortable! We may or may not paint, but we will definitely paint the baby's room in a few months!

I have lost my memory! It's not terrible, but apparently having a bad memory is common in pregnancy. I forget tons of stuff. I have been meaning to return my books in at the library for over a week now and it's right down the street! I have left the oven on like 5 times! I have forgotten things in the oven like 5 times and I forget to call people haha!

I can feel the baby in my tummy now, I cant feel the baby move though! My tummy has been feeling vulnerable sometimes for about a week. If I use my abdominal muscles, like when laughing really hard, My lower tummy feels vulnerable/heavier once I stand up and walk. It's neat! I can't believe we will know if it's a boy or girl in less than 2 months! Right now I like not knowing. There is no stress to pick out a name or pick out things for decorating etc.

I turned 26 September 24th. Ricky spoiled me with winter clothes! He bought me a very pretty Guess pea coat, 3 sweaters and a dress and I love them all! I also got great gifts from my mom and Ricky's mother! The funny thing about me being 26 when we have our baby and Ricky who will soon be 28 is that we knew we would have kids at this age! Rick and I talked about having children when we got married. We were discussing ideal ages we would like to be when we had a baby. Ricky said when he is 28 and I am 26 is ideal for him. So my smarty pants self said "So then we can get pregnant at 25 and 27!" And we both agreed it sounded like a plan. We didn't think about it much after that, but we both just realized the other day that it actually is playing out that way! Cool huh?

So I had my last doctor's appointment with my Houston OBGYN:( I will miss him. This was a short visit. Just a simple urine sample and blood pressure which was 126 over 65 YEAH! I got weighed and I weigh 110 still. That's the weight I started out at, I have dropped down to 108 and gone up to 113 lbs but for now I am at 110. So I have gained 0 lbs so far, but I have a lil tummy! Then I heard the baby's heartbeat which was 168-170. It's soo relieving to hear that noise! The doctor came in to see me and said everything looks fine and that he thinks I will have a great compliant pregnancy! He recommends the flu shot if I am interested, I am going to look into mercury free flu shots. He doesn't however recommend the N1H1 flu shot until the very end of pregnancy if I want one. He said I shouldn't worry about the itchiness on my hands, arms, ankles, legs and chest, apply Benadryl cream if bothersome! I asked about the baby's heartbeat and if a certain number can tell if it's a girl or boy and its a myth of course. You can really only tell at the end of pregnancy and by then you already usually know! He felt on my tummy and confirmed that Ricky and I had in fact been feeling the baby when we feel on my lower tummy!! I asked for a sonogram so I can see the lil bit but he would not:( He gave me a referral for Dallas and gave me a big hug, wish us well and told me how impressed he was with what has gone on with me this year and how great I had done. Bye Doctor Hold, thanks for EVERYTHING!





Here is doctor hold!

Here is Dr. Hold and his staff


Here I am at 12, almost 13 weeks pregnant!




How our baby's growing:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment