August 17, 2009

Prenatals & Moving

I got my first sign of morning sickness today UGH! I got up this morning to make breakfast before Ricky went to work. I was making organic eggs (never again!), Turkey bacon (never again) and sausage with tortillas. I cannot stand the smell of my prenatal vitamins (pill/mineral type smell). And this morning those eggs and maybe the bacon smelled sooo much like my pills I couldn't stand it at all. I could not eat, got a headache immediately and was sooo nauseated. Right after Rick went to work I layed in bed all day long on the verge of getting sick but thankfully I never did! This is my first food aversion, assuming my prenatals don't count that is.

I am super tired, I sleep soo many hours a day, I cant help it. My breast are becoming allot more bearable but still tender. I am still getting headaches every other day or so. I get a tummy aches sometimes, but it isn't too bad. The round ligament pain has pretty much stopped for now.


As for cravings..I haven't had a super craving where I need to leave the house right now and get a certain item.. One night I couldn't sleep, I really wanted a pepperoni pizza thin crust from Pizza Hut..I couldn't stop thinking about it. When I woke up in the morning- I ordered one! That's as close as I have come to a craving. I have gone through 2 batches of pickle sickles Yummm! I wanted soft serve ice cream the other day but I just saw on tv that it can be very harmful for a pregnant woman to have soft serve ice cream because the machine the ice cream is in can contain Listeriosis which is really bad. Listerosis is also found in under cooked meat, raw meat, lunch meat that's not reheated, unpasteurized milks and cheeses and pregnant woman are some 5 times or so likely to get this sickness. Good thing I have been reading my books=D

Ive learned allot from reading a few books. I read the effects of smoking, alcohol, caffeine etc. and I am very thankful I stopped all these. I have read certain ways to cope with things that may come up, I've learned so much on what to expect and soo glad I am more prepared on how my body, and emotions will change. I still have allot more to read. Ricky is loving his expectant father book he bought. He tells me things he reads everyday and make sure to let me know things haha.

I told most of our friends by now that we are having a baby, I was going to keep it in until the 3rd month but its soo hard to keep in. I had been taking my prenatal vitamin that the doctor gave me by crushing it up like the nurse said and mixing it with applesauce. This was a bad idea..The pill is black/purple and when mixed with applesauce it turns the applesauce black like dirt UGH! The first night I did okay eating a few spoons of the sauce with the pill. The next few days were awful and it got harder and harder to keep down until the last night I threw it back up. So now I am back to my one a day (pink) prenatal pill and I have been crushing that into orange juice which I hear is good to take with vitamins and that has been masking the minerally taste of the pill pretty good! YEAH! I still want a DHA pill that I can swallow though!

I have been reading a discussion board of other newly pregnant women, and everyone who is 6 weeks and some days like me is due at the beginning of April- so i don't understand why I am due in May? I think the doctor is wrong, so I am going to call the nurse at the doctors office and ask her!

I was on my way to the library today to recheck out my books and return the ones I have read already. I was not feeling too good today..1-I had my first batch of nausea and 2-Ricky and I were talking this morning about moving to Dallas and Ricky was being very negative thinking that we weren't ever going to be able to move back to Dallas. He just didn't want to ask his boss again.. But then, Ricky called me during my drive to the library and gave me the best news!! His boss called him out of the blue and said he understood why Ricky wanted the transfer and that he was working on getting him up to Dallas. He said there isn't a date yet, but that it would happen! I started crying when I heard the news! Yeah, we are so excited!!



How our baby's growing:
"This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lintel bean."

Here I am at 6 1/2 weeks pregnant.



No comments:

Post a Comment