August 10, 2009

Telling our parents

Saturday August 8th, we didn't get on our way to Dallas until 8pm which means arriving in Dallas around midnight or even 1am. On the way to Dallas I felt like I was 15 years old about to tell my mom "I'm pregnant!" LOL I had butterflies and I was excited and tomorrow Ricky would feel the same way! I had 2 presents for my mom, the baby bib that said "I love grandma" and "the remaining packs of cigarette's in my carton plus about $16 dollars off future packs of cigarette's seeing as I don't need them anymore.

I was glad Tori bug was still up waiting on me to arrive (She is so cute!). I went over to my mom and told her I had a present for her as I gave her the white bag containing the bib. She smiled all surprised like and opened the bag, took a look at the bib, looked at me as to confirm what she thought and jumped up in excitement and gave me a hug. She was very excited, she has no grandchildren. Tori was pretty shocked and doesn't know what to think. I don't have a belly yet, but it got rubbed my mom LOL.
The next day we had dinner plans with Ricky's parents later in the day before we headed back to Houston, so to pass time we went over to see my Mimi, Aunt Tina, Cousin Miranda and her 7 month baby girl Presley over at my Aunts house. Mom and I decided to tell Mimi we wanted to show her the present I had given to mom in order to surprise Mimi with the great news! It took her a lil bit longer than mom, but she was super excited too DUH! It was fun talking to Miranda who had just had her lil girl a few months ago and discussing the birth and symptoms etc. Of course I didn't leave without Mimi rubbing my non existent belly.

Then we were off to Ricky's mom and dad's. Ricky's butterflies set in about this time as we were pulling up to his parents house. His mom was asleep so Ricky gave his dad his baby bib gift. His dad also looked at the bib a couple of times and up at Rick to confirm what was going on and he jumped up in excitement with a big smile on his face hugging both Ricky and I. Then we all went to wake up Ricky's mom and give her her bib. Ricky's mom saw the bib and said "that's cute" hahahah and then looked over at Ricky and I like what did yall do hahaha then got outta bed to congratulate us.Then we went off to have dinner to celebrate! Everyones excited! Within the first 3 minutes of everyone finding out they asked when we were moving back to Dallas..which has us thinking if we will be able to? We don't want to end up stuck in Houston, we want to be near family for support, baby showers, help, visits and whatever. We aren't really digging Houston anymore.

So now we are thinking about the possibility of moving back to Dallas and thinking about baby names! FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment