August 24, 2009

Our 2nd ultrasound 7wks 1 day

Here is our baby! If I am correct, the embilical cord is at the bottom of the uterus, then theres the baby in the middle and on the top right of the uterus is the yolk sac.


Today was great!! August 21st 2009 we heard our baby's heartbeat! What a relief! Ricky had today off so he was able to go with me! We went immediately into the ultrasound room and heard the heartbeat right away! The baby's heartbeat was beating 138 BPM which the tech said was good. The tech couldn't tell if the baby implanted on one side of my uterus or right in the middle just yet. Here is video:

Photobucket

Then I got weighed (108lbs) and had my blood pressure taken. I told the nurse that I knew my pressure was going to be high as it always is when I go to the doctor and that I cant help it. She called it "white coat syndrome" and I am sure you can tell why. So the automatic blood pressure said 140 something over 90 something. The nurse said the doctor would not like that at all. So she took out the manual blood pressure machine, let me relax for a minute and my blood pressure was normal around 122 over 90.

Afterwards we went into a room and talked with Dr. Hold again. He went over the dos and donts again and told us that the baby's size is perfect with how far along i am- which I am 7 1/2 weeks now OMG! Its going so fast! Our baby is growing arms and legs this week:) I let the doc know we were going to moving to Dallas in case he had some referrals for OBGYN's and he let us know he wanted to see us in 3 weeks for a 10 week check up which will be 2 hours long and include full medical family history and some discussions of some sort UGH. Ricky and I wish Dr. Hold could deliver the baby, he makes us feel so at ease. Dr. Hold and his facility is very kind and I have never experienced this in a doctor before. I asked him about inducing me early if I preferred him to deliver the baby and he has no problem with this. However I don't think its our first choice, just an option!

On a side note-coming from someone who plans on becoming an Medical Diagnostic Sonographer- I think my doctors office needs to replace their ultrasound tech. She is very impersonal considering she is handling a very personal situation. She doesn't talk me through the procedure and just seems cold.



Also, I had joined a discussion board with other women who are due in April 2010 and I heard that I can take 2 Flinstones complete vitamins a day instead of my prenatals as they have the same ingredients. I also researched a children's very small DHA pill that I can swallow that has the same ingredients and amounts that a pregnant woman needs. After running this by the doc and getting an okay we went to the store and picked up new prenatal and DHA pills. I am so relived to have a DHA pill now (its actually 5 tiny ones).

So i got my pills, drinking water all day long, no caffeine, and trying to take care of myself as much as possible! For now I am just going to read my books and wait till I am out of the 1st trimester before I look into decorating the baby's room, before looking more into names and before buying anything just to be safe.. besides I have plenty of time-right?



How our baby's growing:



The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry. If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.

Here I am at 7 1/2 weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment